Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmason
Helper III
Helper III

Approval Flows sending double emails

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced their Approval Flows sending two email notifications to Approvers that they have something to review? I have two Flows written exactly alike but for different departments. One sends two emails to the first approver and if that approver sends back both it will send two to the next approver and so on. The other Flow does not. I have racked my brain and there is no difference between the two other than they work from two different SP Lists.

Help! 

21 REPLIES 21
Jacques1
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue. I'm attaching a file to each approval request, and can carefully state that it seems that only the first e-mail send on behalf of the approval request contains that attachment. Successive e-mails are sent once a day and do not contain the attachment. Stranger even, for different approval requests, successive e-mails are sent at almost the same time each day.

Here's an anonymized overview of received mails by one assignee:

approvalrequestoverview

Definately no option to recreate the flow.

Edit: i read that this issue might already be solved. That might be so, since i only know of the last occurance as shown in the screenshot above, which was at 6-1.

ISUSteve
Regular Visitor

Did you by chance make a copy of your flow? So when the triggering event happens it's actually kicking off two identical flows? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,701)