Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Approval Rejection Count

Hello,

I am building a flow with wherein a task needs an approval of the customer. I'm using an SP list and users add items of each task then sends an approval email to the customer. If  the task is rejected, it goes back to the top of the process until it gets approved. What I like to do is record the number of times the approval was rejected in a SP column. Is there a way to do this? I'm using a manual trigger using buttons.

Thanks in Advance!

Ana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Approval Rejection Count

@anabananei:

I agree with the solution proposed by @v-yamao-msft but would like to propose an alternative.

Please see the screen shots below.  In my example, I added a column to the SharePoint list called RejectCount with a default value of 0.

If the approval is rejected, I update the list item and increnet the RejectCount column by 1 using an expression:

add(body('Get_item')?['RejectCount'],1)

The user will need to re-submit for approval once rejected.

RejectCount.jpgRejectCount2.jpgRejectCount3.jpg 

If this solves your issue, please mark you question as Solved.

If you need additional information, please post here.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anabananei,

I assume that using Increment variable in your flow will work.

Please check this doc on how to use Increment variable for a reference:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/calculate-running-totals-and-tracking-maximum-values-in-flow/

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@anabananei:

I agree with the solution proposed by @v-yamao-msft but would like to propose an alternative.

Please see the screen shots below.  In my example, I added a column to the SharePoint list called RejectCount with a default value of 0.

If the approval is rejected, I update the list item and increnet the RejectCount column by 1 using an expression:

add(body('Get_item')?['RejectCount'],1)

The user will need to re-submit for approval once rejected.

RejectCount.jpgRejectCount2.jpgRejectCount3.jpg 

If this solves your issue, please mark you question as Solved.

If you need additional information, please post here.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you @v-yamao-msft & @ScottShearer!

I tried what @ScottShearer suggested since I'm not yet familiar with variables (will try to read some documentations about it). Worked like a charm! But before I mark it as resolved, would like to know if its possible to apply the expression to calculated columns?

I have a "Due Date" column that automatically adds 2 days after the creation date to compute the due date of the item. This is my formula:

=Created+TRUNC(2/5,0)*7+MOD(2,5)+IF(WEEKDAY(Created)+MOD(2,5)>6,2,0)-IF(WEEKDAY(Created)=7,1,0)-IF(AND(OR(WEEKDAY(Created)=7,WEEKDAY(Created)=1),MOD(2,5)=0),2,0)

I want to add another 2 days to the due date everytime the approval is rejected by the customer however, it does not appear in the "Update Item" action. Any suggestions on how will this work?

Thank you in advance!

Ana

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,673)