cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoffm11
Frequent Visitor

Approval/Rejection comments from email

So I have about 8 approvals in my workflow.  When I approve at the first level it goes to level 2 and so on.. The approval and rejection flows work fine, but if I reject at the 2nd level then later approve, the approval comments from the previous approval override the following approval comments in Sharepoint. 

Ideally, I would like to have field in Sharepoint called "Comments" that will have all the comments and append a audit trail of all the comments there.  Is that possible? Any examples?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You can create a field of type Rich text. Then enable version history on the list and Set Append changes on newly created field. That way whenever you update this field, it appends history.

@hoffm11 wrote:

So I have about 8 approvals in my workflow.  When I approve at the first level it goes to level 2 and so on.. The approval and rejection flows work fine, but if I reject at the 2nd level then later approve, the approval comments from the previous approval override the following approval comments in Sharepoint. 

Ideally, I would like to have field in Sharepoint called "Comments" that will have all the comments and append a audit trail of all the comments there.  Is that possible? Any examples?

Thanks

@hoffm11 wrote:

Thanks

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Another way to handle this could be to have 8 different observation fields, one for each approval, and a calculated field (called General Observation) with concatenate the previous fields. The one visible on the SharePoint list should be the last one.

Thank you.  I did add the field to append each of the comments in a single multi line field.  Works great.  However, if I submit the form or my colleague (who are both in O365) it shows the comments was entered by me.  I would like it to show the name of the user that entered the comments.

It will show the last history I think so unlesss someone modifies the field it would not show the person name. Is your collegue not editing this field while submitting?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (44,567)