cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesperEgo

Approval Workflow: When document is approved, the version historys major version is the initiator users, not the person who approved

I built an approval workflow with the Start and Wait for Approval action. 

The Approver approves the document, by the buttons in the Approval email.

When document gets approved it shows the wrong user in Version History. The approver does not show as Modified By in Version History. It is the person who initiated the workflow. See screenshot

I tried a ton of stuff, and desperately need help on this issue.

wrong Approver user in Version historywrong Approver user in Version history

1 REPLY 1
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@jesperEgo although I haven't tried it and there are comments that it might not work now but there is a blog post describing how you can change the Modified by at http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,143)