cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Workflow - assigning approver email not working

I have created a workflow that includes several approval processes.  Users enter data into a form which includes Managers email.  The flow then writes the form imput to a SharePoint list.  I then used the manager information from the SharePoint list to assign the approver - however it is not working.  The only address that seems to work is the one for me that was resolved as part of the flow so I can ensure that emails are going through.

Not sure what is going on. but really could use some assistance with this.

Thanksapproval image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

I agree with the suggestions made by @Pstork1 

I would like to suggest a change to your process.  If the managers have been defined within Office 365, have you considered using the Office 365 Users Get Manager action rather than prompting the user for their managers email?  Doing so will reduce the input burden on the employee and probably make your Flow a little more bullet proof and may even resolve this issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you post a screenshot of the inputs and outputs of this action for an unsuccessful run?  Are you sure that manager's email is coming through as a text value and not a complex object?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequent Visitor

I see that you have two (2) ";" between the first address and the second. 
This might be it?

Edit: Nevermind. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

there is no error - it just does not send emails to any addresses I have entered via Dynamic Content

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Could you please show us the inputs and outputs from a run.  That way you can check whether the email address is actually being passed or whether there is something wrong with the form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

I agree with the suggestions made by @Pstork1 

I would like to suggest a change to your process.  If the managers have been defined within Office 365, have you considered using the Office 365 Users Get Manager action rather than prompting the user for their managers email?  Doing so will reduce the input burden on the employee and probably make your Flow a little more bullet proof and may even resolve this issue.

Scott

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made atest on my side to send an request to an email from the form response and don't have the issue that you mentioend.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

The flow would run successfully as below:

1.png

Could you please share the screenshot of the flow run history when it run failed so we could better understand the issue?

Could you please share more details about the error message?

Please make a test on your side to add a "compose" action with the "Manager's email"dynamic content before the approval action to see if the email is correct.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,162)