cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Approval action not listing Response (The overall response to the request) dynamic property

Hi,

I'm adding a new Approval action of type Approve/Reject - First to respond in my exisitng workflow. For my exisitng old Approval action, I can make use of Respose property to get the overall response to the request. However for the new Approval action, I can only see Responses dynamic property available for me to choose in subsequent conditions. Is the Response propery deprecated? If so what is the quickest way to confirm the request is approved / rejected in a condition action?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Approval action not listing Response (The overall response to the request) dynamic property

For the overall response use Outcome.  For a single approval it will be either Approve or Reject.  For a multiple approver it will be something like "Approve Approve Reject" with one response per approver.  The responses content will be a collection that contains all the details from the responses.  If there is only one approver there will only be one record, but it will still be a collection.  Responses also contains all the comments, etc from the responders.  If there is only one approver then you can use First() to get to the first record to retrieve details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Approval action not listing Response (The overall response to the request) dynamic property

Use Outcome, it will either by Approve or Reject (maybe rejected you can test to be sure) in a first to respond. 

If its a all to respond then you can do Outcome does not contain Reject depending on what you want to achieve.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

For the overall response use Outcome.  For a single approval it will be either Approve or Reject.  For a multiple approver it will be something like "Approve Approve Reject" with one response per approver.  The responses content will be a collection that contains all the details from the responses.  If there is only one approver there will only be one record, but it will still be a collection.  Responses also contains all the comments, etc from the responders.  If there is only one approver then you can use First() to get to the first record to retrieve details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,758)