cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamJBenson86

Approval email in Flow sends from requester not approver

I have a powerapps form that the user fills information in on that pushes to flow and fills out information in the approval request. Once this is approved by management, an email is sent to the requester letting them know if it was approved or denied. This is all working as expected, but the email is coming in to the requester's inbox from the requester instead of the Microsoft Flow account or even the approver's account. Anyone run into this issue? I am wondering if it is being caused by the use of PowerApps with the Approvals action. Below is a picture of my flow.

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@AdamJBenson86:

Any emails sent from Flow using the Send an Email action will be from the user account associated with the connection used for the Send Email action.  Check the Send Email action connection.

If this answers your post, pleae mark your question as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer

Not sure if I am looking in the place you are referring too, but here is an image showing the connections associated with the action. The email is not showing from me after it has been approved, but rather whatever user puts the request in.

Untitled.png

v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamJBenson86,

Thanks for feedback.

The issue could be reproduced by me. The action Send an email will send the email from the requestor but instead of requestor from previous email approver or Microsoft Flow account.

I will help confirm this issue on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft

Were you able to confirm this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,447)