cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval email on item edit

Is there a way to send approval email on any item when edited in a list. I am able to send approval email when a new item is added but i am facing an issue or rather a defect in flow that the approval is not send when a user has edited the form after he added the entry. This might be confusing. But let me explain.

My sharepoint list contains three section:

1. AWS Services

2. Google Cloud

3. MS Azure

I have setup a flow so that the approval email is sent to individual approver based on what the user has selected. So what happens sometimes is that the user at the first time selects only "AWS Services" and submits the form. But what if he wants to select the google cloud services as well. In this case the whole concept of "triggering a approval when a new item is added" fails. How to overcome this problem?

Any ideas or suggestions?

--

Niraj

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval email on item edit

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoin list?

I suppose that you add a "When an item is created" trigger of SharePoint connector as the trigger of your flow, is it true? If you want to send an approval email when a user edited the item in SharePoint list, please consider take a try to modify the "When an item is created" trigger into the "When an item is created or modified" trigger within your flow:15.JPG

More details about the "When an item is created or modified" trigger of SharePoint connector, please check the following article:

The "When an item is created or modified" trigger

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 267 members 5,564 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: