cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Approval email to external approver outside organisation

Is it possible to send an approval email to an email address outside the organisation and have them approve or decline the request without having a user account within my organisation?

I have a travel request process but the security assessment team we use is external to the organisation. Their approval is the first of many in a linear process.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MattBarker,

I assume that it should be possible to send an approval email to external approvers.

If you are using the “Office 365 Outlook – Send approval email”, you could enter static email addresses of the approvers in the To field, then they will be able to receive the Approval email once the flow is triggered.

Please try it on your side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

"Office 365 Outlook – send email with options" works for us.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @MattBarker!

Have you had a chance to apply @gstit‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (6,801)