Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Debbie_S
Level: Powered On

Approval emails sending sequentially not simultaneously

Hello

I have a flow that sends an approval email to a specified member of staff if an item in a SP list has a status of open and was created 2+ days ago.

However, if there are multiple items assigned to one member of staff, it only sends an email for the oldest item. If that item is dealt with, it then sends an email about the next-oldest item, but it doesn't send all the emails at once for each item (as I though it would).

Any advise as to how I can trigger all the emails to send simultaneously rather than sequentially, please?

Thanks!

(Let me know if any further clarification is needed)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Approval emails sending sequentially not simultaneously

Hey @Debbie_S 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow? If you are using the apply to each loop to iterate over all the items, you need to set the concurrency control by clicking the ... on the apply to each action and in the settings enable Concurrecny Control as shown in the image: ee3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Debbie_S

Hello

Thanks for that - I wasn't aware that was there! I have changed the setting now, so fingers cross that does the trick...

---UPDATE---

It worked! Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Debbie_S 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow? If you are using the apply to each loop to iterate over all the items, you need to set the concurrency control by clicking the ... on the apply to each action and in the settings enable Concurrecny Control as shown in the image: ee3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Debbie_S

Hello

Thanks for that - I wasn't aware that was there! I have changed the setting now, so fingers cross that does the trick...

---UPDATE---

It worked! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 449 members 6,399 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: