cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDGuitarGuy
Frequent Visitor

Approval fail for all other users

I've been creating flows and working with approvals. 

I've followed various tutorials for creating approval flows like the vacation approval. If I put anyone other than myself as the "Assigned to", the flow fails with the error "Something went wrong. The approval has been reassigned".

I've pared this down to a simple flow with starting an approval request and it only works for my account and no others. 

The flow triggers correctly and the approval email is sent to the other user. But when they Approve (or Reject) the request, the "Something went wrong" error occurs. 

I've searched for this error but it's been unhelpful. 

Is there any way to get more details about the error?

Is this a permissions issue?

A licensing issue?

Any help diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SDGuitarGuy
Frequent Visitor

Ok, this seems to be an artifact of testing. I was able to test with other users and it does in fact work fine. 

The problem seems to be an artifact of testing. For testing purposes, I have several different accounts that I've created but access from the same computer. Because I was testing this on my own but requiring multiple approvals, any account that was on the same computer failed with the error above. 

I don't really know that exact source of the error but somehow the fact that the account was on the same machine as another account gave rise to this error. When I arranged testing with multiple people at different locations with their own computers, everything worked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SDGuitarGuy 

Possible reasons for this problem are:
1.The approvers specified must be individuals - not groups or distribution lists of any type - and the individual accounts must be in your environment.
2. The problem of assigning permissions
For assigning permissions, I think this link should help you.

Fixed – ‘InvalidApprovalCreateRequestAssignedToNoValidUsers’. Error Message: ‘Required field ‘assign...
If you still have the same problem, I suggest you use

vliweimsft_0-1668738724860.jpeg

Best Regards,

Levi

Hi @SDGuitarGuy 

Your data seems to reside on a SharePoint List.

Does the other user that you have added in 'Assigned To' have relevant access to the SharePoint list and is able to view the details as desired based on the dynamic content added by you in Title & Details section. 

SDGuitarGuy
Frequent Visitor

Ok, this seems to be an artifact of testing. I was able to test with other users and it does in fact work fine. 

The problem seems to be an artifact of testing. For testing purposes, I have several different accounts that I've created but access from the same computer. Because I was testing this on my own but requiring multiple approvals, any account that was on the same computer failed with the error above. 

I don't really know that exact source of the error but somehow the fact that the account was on the same machine as another account gave rise to this error. When I arranged testing with multiple people at different locations with their own computers, everything worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,379)