cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Approval flow

I have created my first approval flow which is working fine expect for the first line in the email the approver receives which says all approvals have been created by me/my 365 account.

One of the dynamic fields later on in the approval does state the creator of the list item correctly.

I read that the way round this is to include a Requestor field in the 'Start an Approval' section but cannot see a way to include this field.

Please can someone help?

Perhaps I should have created the flow using a service account but maybe there is  way to fix this easily.

Thanks

Graham Simmons

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Approval flow

The Requestor field is under advanced options in the Create an Approval action. You canfill that with any email address.  In this case use the modifiedby.email dynamic content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I suspect you are doing this using one of the older templates.  If so, replace the Start an Approval action in the Flow with the current Create and wait for an Approval action. That has the advanced options.  The older Start an Approval action is deprecated and no longer available except in older Templates.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grahamsimmons ,

Could you share a screenshot of Approval action configuration?

Whether you are using the previous template to configure Flow? Start an Approval is the previous name of this action.

Approval feature has been adjusted several times, previous version does not support the configuration of Requestor.

Now Approval action has the following types, all of them support the configuration of Requestor.

46.PNG

You could try to create a Flow from the blank and select the Approval action above to configure the Flow.

Also you could consider using another browser to log in to Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The Requestor field is under advanced options in the Create an Approval action. You canfill that with any email address.  In this case use the modifiedby.email dynamic content.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I can’t see an advanced option in the section Start an approval.

The first section When a new item is created does have an advanced option but not this section.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I suspect you are doing this using one of the older templates.  If so, replace the Start an Approval action in the Flow with the current Create and wait for an Approval action. That has the advanced options.  The older Start an Approval action is deprecated and no longer available except in older Templates.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grahamsimmons ,

Could you share a screenshot of Approval action configuration?

Whether you are using the previous template to configure Flow? Start an Approval is the previous name of this action.

Approval feature has been adjusted several times, previous version does not support the configuration of Requestor.

Now Approval action has the following types, all of them support the configuration of Requestor.

46.PNG

You could try to create a Flow from the blank and select the Approval action above to configure the Flow.

Also you could consider using another browser to log in to Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

you should use the action  "Start and Wait for an approval v2" to make sure you have the latest version.

and  you should see the "show Advanced" option; 

requestor0.png

requestor.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

That solved my problem. Used the latest template and it all works fine. Thank you so much for your help.  Great that you and others on this forum are so willing to help those with less knowledge!

Much appreciated, Graham

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,787)