cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval history for a file

Hello everyone,

I Created an approval flow that needs the approval of 11 people to finish, when this happens the state of the file in SharePoint is shown as "approved or rejected" as the case may be.

As the creator of the flow I would like to know how to view from SharePoint the record of approvals of a file, where I can see who approved it (the 11 approvers), your comments and the approval date.

Is it possible to see this from SharePoint?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval history for a file

Hi @Anonymous,

What do you mean by creating a Start Approval action and then reviewing the approval details in SharePoint after the approval is complete?

Currently in SharePoint, it is not possible to directly view the summary of the Flow Approval action. In the Flow, you could view and view the summary.

What is possible is to add a column to SharePoint library and then update this information in the properties.

1. Select the hyperlink type for the type of column, then use Select to get the relevant information of Approval result you want to view, and then save it in a table.

2. Use the contents of this table as the content of OneDrive-Create file. Create a web url for the file using Create Share link.

3. Finally, configure the web URL as the content of the column.

Image reference:

41.PNG

The action that the If no branch needs to configure is almost identical to If yes, except that the approval status needs to be changed. I have not configured Set content approval status here, you could configure it yourself.

42.PNG

Result, Click on the link to view the content:

43.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-bacao-msft

Thanks for your help

I need to see from Sharepoint the information of the flow of a file, the information that I am looking for is equal to the image that I add below

Resultado de imagen para approvals history microsoft flow

Do you know how I can see this information and do I need special permits?

Thanks and regards!

Dorul
Level 8

Hi @Anonymous

You could also add columns in Sharepoint list Approver1, Approver2, 3...Approver11 with their names, a column with Approval Yes/No and a column ApprovalDate.

When they approve/reject, using the "Update item" in your flow, the date of the approval/rejection will appear in your list so you`ll know who approved (and when) and who didnt approve yet (where theres no date at ApprovalDate column).

So  you`ll know just by looking at your sharepoint list who did what and when 🙂 Also you can export easily in excel anytime you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Dorul

Thanks for the support.

Yes, I can add additional columns and update them for each approval but as I need the answer, the comment and the name of each approval do not seem the best idea because there are 11 approvals.

I was reviewing and the history can be seen by right clicking on the three points, in the version history option, the problem is that every time I pass from one approval to another I can only see the comments of the last approval, in my example only I can see the information of the last approver when I need to see the information of the 11 approvers.

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,703)