Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newgirlflow
Helper II
Helper II

Approval shows in Approvals app in Teams but not sent in email

Hi, guys!

I've been testing an approval flow for a month now using my own emails. Before today, I receive the approval request (from the flow) both in my email and in the Approvals app in Teams. However, after running the flow today, I'm only receiving the approval request in the Approvals app in Teams and I don't receive it anymore via Outlook! I didn't change anything in the flow as well that lets me send it to 'Approvals' app instead of Outlook (I wouldn't even know how to do that). 

Was there an update or something? Can somebody help me how to get it to show in my Outlook? I'm a 365 user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Newbie_16
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Service restored There was a configuration error in one of their changes.  I also received some of the approval request last night.  Though when I try to test my existing flows, they are still not sending out emails.   I think this only works with newly created flows.

Here's the info from Microsoft Message Center.  

Title: Flows not sending emails User Impact: Users may experience failures when a flow is supposed to send an email. Final Status: The configuration changes have completed, and we have verified via telemetry that functionality for flows that send emails have been restored. Incident Start Time: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 11:16 PM UTC Incident End Time: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:03 AM UTC Preliminary Root Cause: A recent configuration change to a certificate within a portion of the infrastructure responsible for flows that send emails. Next Steps: We're reviewing our configuration procedures to find ways to prevent this problem from happening again. This is the final update on the incident.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HaydenSinclair
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Just noticed this too.  Keen to find out more. 

thuynh

I am also having this issue with my flows. Multiple flows are not triggering the email, but the approval step works fine and I get it on the Automate mobile app.

Jevon
Helper I
Helper I

Ditto. I spent most of my time configuring the approval body (with tables) last weekend and then the approvals in teams doesn't allow markdowns. 😞

Newbie_16
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing the same issue.  I think this is a global change by Microsoft but really need to have the approval request sent through email.

HaydenSinclair
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

FYI: The emails have started again in my environment.   

Newbie_16
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Service restored There was a configuration error in one of their changes.  I also received some of the approval request last night.  Though when I try to test my existing flows, they are still not sending out emails.   I think this only works with newly created flows.

Here's the info from Microsoft Message Center.  

Title: Flows not sending emails User Impact: Users may experience failures when a flow is supposed to send an email. Final Status: The configuration changes have completed, and we have verified via telemetry that functionality for flows that send emails have been restored. Incident Start Time: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 11:16 PM UTC Incident End Time: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:03 AM UTC Preliminary Root Cause: A recent configuration change to a certificate within a portion of the infrastructure responsible for flows that send emails. Next Steps: We're reviewing our configuration procedures to find ways to prevent this problem from happening again. This is the final update on the incident.

View solution in original post

ccwu00071
Regular Visitor

I was able to receive approval email from Flow until today at 10:11AM (2/23/21). Anyone else is still having this problem?

Lisa_T
Frequent Visitor

Also, to add to this, I am only receiving it on my phone Teams App and not on my desktop Teams App and not in Email either. I didn't have an issue 3 weeks ago when others were having this issue.

ccwu00071
Regular Visitor

FYI... Approvals working for me automatically at 1:25PM (2/23/21).

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,694)