cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdorman
Advocate II
Advocate II

Approval to Teams Channel with table formatting

I have created a flow that creates an approval request. I am also attempting to place a copy of that approval request in a Teams channel, but am having issues with the formatting.

When I use the Create an approval step, I format the content so that it appears as a table as there is a whole heap of data that I need the approver to see before approving. This renders perfectly in the email sent to the approver, and in the Approval app in Teams. However, If I use the adaptive card from the approval to post into a channel. The table is not rendered correctly and shows all the formatting symbols (e.g. the |----|) etc.  The adaptive card posted though can be submitted as expected.

In an attempt to work around this I tried taking the adaptive card content and replacing the bit that renders the request data with a Fact Set to make it look better and it then renders correctly, but then when I try to submit the adaptive card I get

rdorman_1-1659270139133.png

I did make sure when I copied the adaptive card content to replace all the ID's in it with dynamic content so that it's getting the correct approval ID, response URL, etc.

I thought that perhaps this just needs to be a post adaptive card and wait step, but when I do that I receive rdorman_0-1659270046555.png

Which to me means I should be able to post the adaptive card without waiting for the response since my flow already has a Wait for Approval step.

I have seen some posts on the web for a "Post approval to Teams channel" step but don't seem to have it available in my environment.

Any ideas how I can get this to work and look good?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,219)