Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Approval workflow with additional condition

Hi,

I have an approval workflow like this:

Person X approves the amount with certain threshold say 100,000 through e-mail, with following branching:

1. < 100,000 ---> no additional approval required and e-mail sends to Person Y for processing;

2. > 100,000 ---> e-mail sends to Person Z for final approval, then e-mail sends to Person Y for processing

I have trouble building the condition above. How you guys do this usually?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SK_Tan ,

Is this the logic you are looking for ?

gabibalaban_2-1610881233389.png

Yes sir,

How to configure this "amount to approve"?

My thinking is that you keep the payment record details in some sort of datebase. Read this record to see the amount. 

Can you give me more details about your database ?

Hi,

Below is the screenshot of my SharePoint list:

SK_Tan_0-1610931690021.png

Any idea? 

Hi @SK_Tan ,

This all suposition as I don't have many details about your scenario.

I guess that the you use a sharepoint list and when a new item is created in your list the approval flow starts.

If i'm right with this, it means that the flow trigger is SharePoint - "When an item is created". This contains all the data from the new item.

gabibalaban_0-1610952948567.png

To refer to the amount value just use Dynamic Content and look for desired value 'Credit Limit Proposed'.

Hi,

What if the amount was not entered into SharePoint when the item was created? It look like this:

1. Person A submits the request (when item created)

2. Person B proposes the amount 

3. Person C approves/ revises the amount

4. If the approved amount > 100,000 (by person C), it flows to Person D for further approval; if not, if flows to Person E for account set-up

I have a flow in MS. visio hope this provide clarify of the flow:

SK_Tan_0-1610953591569.png

So question: how to get the approved amount (by person C) to compare with the threshold (100,000)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (74,968)