I have an approval workflow like this:
Person X approves the amount with certain threshold say 100,000 through e-mail, with following branching:
1. < 100,000 ---> no additional approval required and e-mail sends to Person Y for processing;
2. > 100,000 ---> e-mail sends to Person Z for final approval, then e-mail sends to Person Y for processing
I have trouble building the condition above. How you guys do this usually?
Thanks in advance!
My thinking is that you keep the payment record details in some sort of datebase. Read this record to see the amount.
Can you give me more details about your database ?
Hi @SK_Tan ,
This all suposition as I don't have many details about your scenario.
I guess that the you use a sharepoint list and when a new item is created in your list the approval flow starts.
If i'm right with this, it means that the flow trigger is SharePoint - "When an item is created". This contains all the data from the new item.
To refer to the amount value just use Dynamic Content and look for desired value 'Credit Limit Proposed'.
What if the amount was not entered into SharePoint when the item was created? It look like this:
1. Person A submits the request (when item created)
2. Person B proposes the amount
3. Person C approves/ revises the amount
4. If the approved amount > 100,000 (by person C), it flows to Person D for further approval; if not, if flows to Person E for account set-up
I have a flow in MS. visio hope this provide clarify of the flow:
So question: how to get the approved amount (by person C) to compare with the threshold (100,000)?
Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!
Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.
Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!