cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Approvals: Adding an Item Link to DevOps Work Item

I'm still pretty new to Flow, but I have an Approval flow setup on a trigger "When a work item is updated". Everything is working great, however I'm unable to determine how to add a link to the DevOps work item on Approvals or emails.

Using the "URL" Dynamic content redirects the user to a page with just string text, not the actual Azure DevOps work item. Can anyone help me out with this?

I would imagine that since the string contains all the data within the work item itself, there must be a way to accomplish this, though it may require an Expression, which I'm not as familiar with.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Approvals: Adding an Item Link to DevOps Work Item

I was able to resolve this myself, by manually inputting the URL, and replacing the ID value that is usually within the URL with the Dynamic Content of ID, as follows:

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was able to resolve this myself, by manually inputting the URL, and replacing the ID value that is usually within the URL with the Dynamic Content of ID, as follows:

image.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

* 'Compose HTML' Action does not support Link even if attempted with link html tag <a href="url>WorkItemId</a>. 

* I tried with a work around of identifying fixed url for my azure devops project and replacing the work item id for every record: https://yourazuredevops_url/your_devopsprojectname/_workitems/edit/@{item()?['System.Id']} , it worked well.

TFS Link.png

This generates standard url, again it is not a hyperlink on the item id.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,337)