cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Approvals: Adding an Item Link to DevOps Work Item

I'm still pretty new to Flow, but I have an Approval flow setup on a trigger "When a work item is updated". Everything is working great, however I'm unable to determine how to add a link to the DevOps work item on Approvals or emails.

Using the "URL" Dynamic content redirects the user to a page with just string text, not the actual Azure DevOps work item. Can anyone help me out with this?

I would imagine that since the string contains all the data within the work item itself, there must be a way to accomplish this, though it may require an Expression, which I'm not as familiar with.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Approvals: Adding an Item Link to DevOps Work Item

I was able to resolve this myself, by manually inputting the URL, and replacing the ID value that is usually within the URL with the Dynamic Content of ID, as follows:

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was able to resolve this myself, by manually inputting the URL, and replacing the ID value that is usually within the URL with the Dynamic Content of ID, as follows:

image.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

* 'Compose HTML' Action does not support Link even if attempted with link html tag <a href="url>WorkItemId</a>. 

* I tried with a work around of identifying fixed url for my azure devops project and replacing the work item id for every record: https://yourazuredevops_url/your_devopsprojectname/_workitems/edit/@{item()?['System.Id']} , it worked well.

TFS Link.png

This generates standard url, again it is not a hyperlink on the item id.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,018)