cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Approvals Details Line Break

Hello,

We have a flow that sends approval requests for vacations, however it is not working properly anymore.

When opening the email for the approval, it is not showing all the details from the Approval as it once did.

Here are the screenshots of what it should look like, and what it actually looks like now:What should be in the approvalWhat should be in the approvalWhat is actually seenWhat is actually seen

I tried using the newer version of Approval, yet it still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you have a nice day!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Approvals Details Line Break

I'm assuming you are using the markup instructions for approvals.  The problem is that those instructions only work for certain browsers/mail clients. This is particularly true for whitespace and line breaks. Since the mail clients are all handled by different product teams or even different companies it is difficult to make sure the markup performs correctly on all browser and email clients. I suspect some update has been applied to the email client etc that you are using and that is what is causing the problem. 

What browser/email client are you using to view approvals?  Does it show this way in the Flow web site also?

To fix it you may have to go back and remove all the line breaks to see if that is what is causing the content note to show and then trying to slowly add it back in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm viewing the Flow Approval with Microsoft Outlook, and I have tried the markdown formatting but nothing has worked (headers, line breaks and double spaces)

When viewing the approval directly in Flow, it shows all the details so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

current version of Outlook (ie. Office 365) and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am on the Micosoft Outlook for Office 365 desktop version and 32-bit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,388)