cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Approvals Failing

My flow was working great for weeks and then all of a sudden the Approvals errors out and I get the following message:

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'XrmApplyUserNotMemberOfSecurityGroup'. Error Message: 'Could not create a CDS system record representing user 'c82c4280-7e69-4d1b-953a-d72878b3c88a'. Please ask a database administrator to add the user to the authorized security group.'.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Approvals Failing

When an Approval is created it creates a record in the CDS database.  This is the one use I know of that does not require premium licensing, but it does require access.  Could one of your adminstrators have changed security permissions on the environemnt or CDS database where you are creating the approval?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@nrogi 

Can you take a look at your connections and see if there appears to be an issue with the Approvals connection?

Conection.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted

@ScottShearer 

I checked the location and everything is connected. All my flow which i created in the past are affected by this issue.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

qDXDSyB

They're failing for me but with another error message:

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @hubertlam@nrogi 

These errors are generally popping up due to issues with connections/ CDS issues (as @Pstork1  has mentioned). You might want to have a look at this solved thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Action-Start-an-approval-failed/td-p/131...

to get some more suggestions and implement to check if you continue to face the same issues. 

You might also want to have a look at this blog post for better error handiling with approval based flows:

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2019/01/22/approval-escalation-error-handling-flow-fails-whyhow/

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,158)