cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yomi
Regular Visitor

Approvals and Retention

I would like to create an approval flow that would mean once a file was approved a retention policy would be automatically applied. I would also like the ability for this file to be PDF'd and send via email to the person who requested its approval in the first place. These would mostly be reports and drawings. 

This would be via SharePoint and we are currently using the standard approval flow from Microsoft but would really like to add some more automations to the process. 

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Yomi With just power automate there would a lot of limitations to achieve this but if you can use Power Apps then all customisations can be done. Check if you can use Power Apps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi, 

I have access to power apps I guess I just don't know where to start. 

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Yomi there is a lot of content available on Youtube, you can check some channels of MVP like Shane Young, Reza Dorrani, Tod Bagniski etc. thats the only way. Watch few videos and I am sure you will be able to pull this off and if you have any issues, you can post on Power Apps forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,663)