I'm trying to create a flow for payroll approvals process. Over 100 employees submit their time sheets every week using SharePoint list. Approver needs to review and approve or reject all entries (items) at the month-end. SharePoint list columns are Employee Name, ID, From Date, To Date, No. of hours worked, Comments, etc.
I'm trying to achieve the following:
- At month-end, compile and send all the items for that particular month in ONE email to the Approver with options to approve/reject.
- Approver should have option to approve multiple items in one go. For example, 90% of the items will be approved and 10% of the items will be rejected. Approver should be able to approve and reject multiple items in one go.
- For rejected items, Approver should be prompted to enter the comment/reason for rejection. (Great to have)
- Once all the items have been approved/rejected, flow should update the SharePoint List with the updates.
- Once the SharePoint list has been updated, send an email to a Shared Mailbox and include all the items that have been approved/rejected (ideally in an excel spreadsheet).
Not sure you are going to be able to do that in Flow.
You need a PowerApp that renders the list of items that are pending approval and provides radio buttons approve/reject for each one, then when they click submit - update all the SharePoint items with the approval status.
You could use flow to generate a email once per month to alert them to open the app.