cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eduardocosta
Frequent Visitor

Approve or Reject flow inside Power

Hi, 

Today we have a power app where users spread from different countries create requests. After some validation, these requests are transformed into Power automate approvals and the HQ is responsible to approve them.

Since today the Teams Approvals is not very productive for some reasons:

• We can't change the user's default environment
  • We can't search inside the requests
  • We can't approval multiple items

The HQ users asked me to develop a way to approve inside Power App. So the plan would be:

1. Retrieve all pending requests. I think this can be done by getting data from CDS tables but I don't know which tables (need some help here)
  2. The most important: We need to find a way to approve/reject the flow inside Power Apps. I noticed that there is a link in the approval email that I think could be the solution if I knew how to generate it. 

Could anybody help me on this subject?

Many thanks

Eduardo

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@eduardocosta I think you can retrieve all pending request in a gallery and then provide two option in a dropdown of each pending request where approval authority can select appropriate option. If you need only approve and reject then you do not need any flow but if there is any option activity involve after approval you can then use flow.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Thanks for the reply @Hardesh15 , 

I need the flow because there are a lot of steps after the approval/reject and we want to keep the possibility to approve in the Approval Tools. My main question is how can I trigger the approval/reject option after the user chooses one of these options in the Gallery?

Thanks

@eduardocosta  In PowerApps, once you have selected all pending choices as Approved/Rejected, call flow from submit button.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Hi @Hardesh15 , 

Thanks again for your reply, but I believe you are suggesting a control outside the approvals app. 

I'd like to keep the Approvals app, but with the ability to reject or approve the approval flow outside the Approvals team or the approval email. 

Based on some criteria, I'd like to:

1. Identify the pending approvals in the approval app (not pending requests)
  2. Act (approve or request) outside the approval app

Many thanks,

Eduardo

@eduardocosta  Pls share your approval app screen to understand your points-

Based on some criteria, I'd like to:

1. Identify the pending approvals in the approval app (not pending requests) : 
  2. Act (approve or request) outside the approval app

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,627)