Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Approve workflow via sharepoint list and managed metadata

Hello,

I have solved my problem from yesterday. What I want to do is this:

New Sharepoint Pages are categorized by managed metadata. It is possible to choose two or more options. I have different categories and sub-categories. The managed metadata looks like this:

• category 1
  • category 2
    • sub category 1
    • sub category 2
    • sub category 3
  • category 3
    • sub category 1
    • sub category 2
  • category 4
  • category 5

Screenshot:

metadata.jpg

All these categories and sub-categories are also written in a list. The column type is "one textline". 

In this list there is also a column "approver" and "co-approver". These both columns are person/groups columns.

Screenshot:

liste.jpg

So, now if there is send a new page to approve my flow filters the list by the choosen category / catogories. Then the approver and co-approver are put into a variable that I am able to use in my "start approval".

Until here everything works fine. But now if a page is categorized in two or more categories there is only send an email one category. The other choosen categories are ignored. The first approvel works fine, but after the first approver have approved the flow is canceled, because the page is already approved. The step "set content approval status - pending" does not work, because the page is already approved. The second category members do not receive any approval emails.

My desired result is this:

If two or more categories are choosen, every approver & co-approver of these categories should receive an email. Of each category there should be one person that must approves the email (approver OR co-approver).

Is that possible? Is it also possible, that the email updates automatically if one approver of a category approved? So that the co-approver can see that this page is already approved?

Here is my workflow:

workflow.jpg

Link to zoom

Thank you very much for helping me!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Approve workflow via sharepoint list and managed metadata

Update:

I have set the Concurrency Control at "Auf alle anwenden 2" (apply to each) to on.

parallel.jpg

Now I recieve to approvals at the same time. That is what I want to have. 
But now I have another problem:

Every approval has a first approver and a Co-Approver. I can switch my approvals to the option, that everybody must approve. But I dont want, that my first approver and Co-Approver have to approve. Only each approval for every category have to be approved by one person (first approver OR Co-Approver). 

Is that possible? If yes, how?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chhe ,

Your screenshot looks blurry, could you please share a clearer screenshot so I could better understand the flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

does anybody have an idea to help me? Or is the image still blurry?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,078)