Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Approvee feedback from an approval flow

Hi,

I've created an approval flow for an expense request and the details are upadted to sharepoint.

My question, is it possible to have a Confirmed receipt sharepoint column where the user after receiving the cash can confirm, is there any way this feedback is available?

I can imagine when auditing, the manager and employee can both confirm that it was approved and also received the expense amount.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Approvee feedback from an approval flow

Hi @ Muchiri_Steven,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list? 

Do you want to know how to have a Confirmed receipt column in the list where the user can confirm after receiving the cash?

You could add a Confirmed receipt column with a "Yes/No" type in your sharepoint list,the default value of the Confirmed receipt column is No,there are two ways to achieve it:

1.You could ask the user to update the Confirmed receipt column to Yes when he receive the cash.

2.Another way if add a "Send an email with options" action at the end of your flow, the option could contain "received" or "Not received",and you could ask the user to reply the email with options when he when he receive the cash or don't receive the cash after some days. when the user to reply the email with options,and the options is equal to "received", you could add a "update item" action update the Confirmed receipt column to Yes

Please let know if it helps.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Muchiri_Steven,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list? 

Do you want to know how to have a Confirmed receipt column in the list where the user can confirm after receiving the cash?

You could add a Confirmed receipt column with a "Yes/No" type in your sharepoint list,the default value of the Confirmed receipt column is No,there are two ways to achieve it:

1.You could ask the user to update the Confirmed receipt column to Yes when he receive the cash.

2.Another way if add a "Send an email with options" action at the end of your flow, the option could contain "received" or "Not received",and you could ask the user to reply the email with options when he when he receive the cash or don't receive the cash after some days. when the user to reply the email with options,and the options is equal to "received", you could add a "update item" action update the Confirmed receipt column to Yes

Please let know if it helps.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

sharepoint list.PNG

Above is my sharepoint list.

Below is workflow1st step1st step2nd step2nd steplast steplast step

I already created a confirm receipt column with a YES/NO with a default NO.

I'll try option 2 which seems a bit user friendly. I'll update on the results

Thanks for your quick feedback

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,526)