cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoshihirok
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are there any documents how to create/update the Template ?

I want to share my flows as template.

To share as template, some questions.

Q1. How to submit already created my flow to template ?

There are not the button to submit as template.

Q2. How to verify the template before sharing public ?

I want to verify my template, removed sensitive data or not like API key.

and I want to verify the template, easy to use or not ?

Q3. How to remove the template from public ?

I want to remove my template from public at find issues.

Q4. How to update the template ?

I want to update my template to more archive.

Add some activity, Change flow, Update to new services.

and write update history to the template

Q5. How to write description of the template ?

I want to describe how to use the template, what to use the template.

and so on.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Yoshihiro,

About Q1, currently, we can only submit a newly created flow to a gallery as template. So once you saved a flow and clicked the Manage button, you will have no chance to save it as a template.

About Q2, I guess that you could create a flow and test it on your side. If you consider it is easy to use, you could recreate it and submit it to gallery.

About Q3 and Q4, I haven’t find a way to remove a template from public and also a way to update an existing template. You could submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum.

I have seen another similar idea about “Flow Submit to Gallery - view submissions and status”, you could also vote and comment this idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-Submit-to-Gallery-view-submissions-and-status/id...

About Q5, when you create a new flow, click the Submit to gallery button, then you could describe how to use this template at the “Description of the template” box.

There is a documentation about “Submit a flow template to the Microsoft Flow gallery”, please check it for a reference:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/publish-a-template/

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Yoshihiro,

About Q1, currently, we can only submit a newly created flow to a gallery as template. So once you saved a flow and clicked the Manage button, you will have no chance to save it as a template.

About Q2, I guess that you could create a flow and test it on your side. If you consider it is easy to use, you could recreate it and submit it to gallery.

About Q3 and Q4, I haven’t find a way to remove a template from public and also a way to update an existing template. You could submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum.

I have seen another similar idea about “Flow Submit to Gallery - view submissions and status”, you could also vote and comment this idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-Submit-to-Gallery-view-submissions-and-status/id...

About Q5, when you create a new flow, click the Submit to gallery button, then you could describe how to use this template at the “Description of the template” box.

There is a documentation about “Submit a flow template to the Microsoft Flow gallery”, please check it for a reference:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/publish-a-template/

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Thank you for your reply,

and I vote the Idea "Flow Submit to Gllery - view submissions and status"

and I will posts some Ideas related submit template.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

About Q1, I may have a workaround. After a flow has already been created, I was able to submit it to the gallery as follows:

1) Edit the flow.

2) Add an email notification to the end of the flow.

3) Save.

4) Edit the flow again.

5) Delete the email notification.

6) Save.

After step 6, after clicking Update Flow and Done, in addition to the Manage button there was also a Submit to Gallery button. Of course, it's difficult to be sure the flow is actually submitted (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-Submit-to-Gallery-view-submissions-and-status/id...) but this seems to work around the problem of how to test that your flow works before submitting to the gallery.

Hi @ForrestTrepte Thank you for workaround Q1.

To sumit a flow as template, add/delete action to the flow. OK.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (39,063)