cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phearin
Level: Powered On

Assign to approval action field

Dear Community team,

I am working on the leave request approval.

I have created sharepoint list for leave request form, and there is column which I created as Line Manager for mulitple choices indicated by their respective email address.

However, I don't know how can I get the value from the column Line manager to put it in Assign to: field in the start approval action. Normally in the Assign to field, it does accept only particular address. 

leave request.png

approval.png

Appreciate if you could adivse on this case.

Thanks,

Phearin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Assign to approval action field

Hi @phearin ,

The type of the column mentioned in your previous post is "Line Manager for multiple choices".

But here shows that your field is not multiple, why?

If it's a multiple choice, then Apply to each will definitely appear, similar to my screenshot.

It seems that it is just a choice type, but not a multiple choice.

17.PNG

If this is the case, then there is no need to use Compose, you can directly configure the Value in Assigned to field.

18.PNG

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @phearin ,

First, you need to ensure that the email address configured in Assigned to field is valid, and the corresponding user is a member within organization. If there are multiple email addresses, you need to use a semicolon to separate them.

These are the basic requirements for configuring this field, but Line Manager field type is multiple choices. If you choose more than one user, you need to do some special processing.

You could use the variable to store the choice value, and then configure the variable in Assigned to field.

Image reference:

13.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
phearin
Level: Powered On

Dear V-Bacao,

Thank for always support upon this request.  

I have gone through some comments from the previous log, and I have worked on it as I just try to compose one function then I call the Line Manager column. then my flow is working ok with flexible choosing the who is the line manager which message will send to. 

I have done it as the way I want it to, yet I really don't know the function compose I used it for. It would be good if you could share on this.

approval compose.png

I will take a look on your solution below. 

Thanks,

Phearin 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @phearin ,

The type of the column mentioned in your previous post is "Line Manager for multiple choices".

But here shows that your field is not multiple, why?

If it's a multiple choice, then Apply to each will definitely appear, similar to my screenshot.

It seems that it is just a choice type, but not a multiple choice.

17.PNG

If this is the case, then there is no need to use Compose, you can directly configure the Value in Assigned to field.

18.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 100 members 5,455 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: