cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Assigning a Single User to a Planner Card from a Group of Users

Hi All,

I've been working with Planner and Flow for a little while and have successfully set up a board that is used for ticking off Daily, Weekly and Monthly tasks that refresh through flows.

I'm currently creating a new board and was wondering if its possible to get flow to assign a single user to a planner card from a group of users one week and then choose the next employee in the list to assign to the same task the following week. Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SamCarman 

Yes is entirely possible. You can have a list of people somewhere (for example, a SharePoint list) and go through your tasks and get the name of the person assigned. Check the SharePoint list, fetch the next person, and then use the "Update a task" action to set the new person.

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Cheers
Manuel

Regular Visitor

Hi @manuelstgomes,

Currently trying to give this a go, I have some other flows that work with a list saved in Excel and then pushed up to SharePoint. Is this the same of different to a SharePoint list?

Thanks,

Sam

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SamCarman 

What you need is a place to store the "queue". If you want to use Excel, that's fine 😀.

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (99,050)