cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Attach a common Flow to a SharePoint List/Library to trigger or create/update

Hi Community Members,

I would like to create a new Flow which is triggered on SharePoint item/document create/edit event. This flow will be a common flow for many SharePoint sites and I would like to programmaticaly  attach these flows to the required lists/libraries across many SharePoint sites.

Is this possible?

How do i go about creating a common flow to be used across multiple SharePoint sites? and can I use CSOM, Rest API, Powershell to attach the flow to the libraries/lists on those sites?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Attach a common Flow to a SharePoint List/Library to trigger or create/update

Hi @AzureSpDev-1 

It is not possible to attach a flow programmatically attach to a multiple lists. What you could do is create the main flow logic as child flow triggered by manual and set an input parameter depending on your requirement. Then individually create multiple flows for each lists trigger and call the child flow to pass the triggered body (input parameter).  This way your main logic of the flow will act like a common function.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Attach a common Flow to a SharePoint List/Library to trigger or create/update

Since HTTP is now a Premium connector, it will be great if Microsoft created a Flow to call other flows, or the possibility to use one Flow across multiple Libraries / Sites.

The idea has been already proposed, and needs sufficient number of Votes for it to be considered..

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Deploying-a-Singular-Flow-across-Multiple-S...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,897)