cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EntryLevelData
Frequent Visitor

Attaching Excel doc from Onedrive

Hello everyone!

I am trying to automate a flow to send an updated excel doc from my onedrive on a set schedule through outlook. The flow seems to be working, and the email sends daily, however when attaching the excel doc, the file type changes. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Current flow: 
-Recurrence
-Get File Content
-Send an email V2 (attaching the 'File content' on to the email)

thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DiegoEscobar2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @EntryLevelData . I think that after the attachment name you must put the extension .xlsx.

Please try it, and if works, mark as the solution!

Cheers!

Diego.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DiegoEscobar2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @EntryLevelData . I think that after the attachment name you must put the extension .xlsx.

Please try it, and if works, mark as the solution!

Cheers!

Diego.

YOU ARE AMAZING, THANK YOU

Diego, would you know of any way to have an excel doc stored on OneDrive automatically refresh in the background, without having to have the document open? could this be achieved with power automate or power apps? 

DiegoEscobar2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @EntryLevelData, you can write to any Office document from Power Automate flow and is saved automatically. You don't need to open it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,793)