cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PThach
Level: Power Up

Auto Out of Office Reply with Flow

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow that sends an out of office reply when someone is marked out in the calendar (being marked out is an all-day event). I want this flow to be for the entire organization, not for one specific person, so the trick is to identify the person who is out on the calendar, and any emails sent to that person will have the auto out-of-office reply. The response will include dates of when they are off and when they'll be returning, so that verbiage needs to be dynamic as well.

I guess to identify the person who is out of the office, they must be an attendee of that event, not sure what variables to capture though.

Any tips is appreciate. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Auto Out of Office Reply with Flow

@PThach 

The short answer is that I don't believe that you can achieve your goal by using Power Automate. 

In order to see and respond to emails sent to a specific person, the Flow author (the credentials used with the Outlook connection) must have permissions to that persons email.  In addition, I believe that the Flow would need to be duplicated for everyones mailbox.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
PThach
Level: Power Up

Re: Auto Out of Office Reply with Flow

Hi Scott,

Thanks for responding to this.

Now, since that is the case - how would I go about setting this up per user then? I'll start with my account first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,813)