cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theserverguy

Auto Reply from a Shared Mailbox after hours

We want to setup an auto reply when clients email our Support email after hours. Here is the criteria:

If email arrives in Shared mailbox (Support@)

If From email address does not equal (4 or 5 email addresses we don't want to auto reply to)

If email arrives between 5pm and 7am Mon-Fri

or if email arrives all day Saturday and Sunday (Don't think this is possible)

then Reply with "Thank you for contacting us.....etc etc etc". 

Any help is appreciated. Thought this was going to be a simple task. 

Al M. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@theserverguy 

Pls follow steps-

Hardesh15_0-1611517654295.png

Hardesh15_1-1611517708857.png

Hardesh15_2-1611517741895.png

in Red circle you need to add your Email action. please be careful with conditions- OR, And

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@theserverguy pls explain this clearly"If From email address does not equal (4 or 5 email addresses we don't want to auto reply to)"

Then i can give you solution. I think your requirement is feasible.

Thanks

Hardesh

So if a vendor emails our support@ email, we don't want to send them an auto reply. So if Sender=tickets@itsupport247.net do not send auto reply. If sender=cloudcare@avg.com do not send reply. Just to avoid an email loop and also the message really isn't applicable to them, as the reply is "If you need after hours support, please call this phone number". Hope you can help!

@theserverguy 

If those emails are 4 to 5 which you don't want to send reply. Use compose action and collect sender email in it. Then use condition block and check if sender is your vendor's email then do not send auto reply. For second part get  today's day in compose and check with condition block if it is not Saturday and sunday then in yes block send auto reply. You can also collect time when new email arrives on shared mailbox. Get current time and check with condition again .

This is the logical explanation of your problem.

If you need screens let me know

Thanks

Hardesh

Yes, screens please! I am a newbie to this Power Automate platform, so any help would be appreciated!

@theserverguy 

Pls follow steps-

Hardesh15_0-1611517654295.png

Hardesh15_1-1611517708857.png

Hardesh15_2-1611517741895.png

in Red circle you need to add your Email action. please be careful with conditions- OR, And

Thanks

Hardesh

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @theserverguy,

have a look at this ScheduledOOF flow. You can set is as a base and slightly modify according to your needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
theserverguy

This was helpful. My guy had to make a couple of changes, but thanks for this direction everyone! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,285)