cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Auto incremental duplication in SharePoint

Hi,

I would like to have a column in a list, which would be set automatically by a flow. It would be an ID like Model-01, Model-02 and so on.

I store the ID value in a config list. But my issue is, when 2 or more items are created in mainly the same time (in 2-5 seconds), those will have the same ID number.

Is there a workaround to avoid the duplications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

I found the solution, in the trigger settings, I could modify the Concurrency Control, I set to 1, so the flows will be run one by one, not in the same time.

140914174_411186439959130_4023687895052487054_n.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Purman1 Not sure if this will work but just try adding a delay of 2 minutes after you get the value.

If two get calls are made in a window of 5 seconds, both will be delayed by 2 minutes and I am assuming when you process request you increment your counter value in config list(which should happen in milliseconds).

There is a concurrency setting but its only for foreach loop action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi!

Thank you, but it didn't help 😞

Regular Visitor

I found the solution, in the trigger settings, I could modify the Concurrency Control, I set to 1, so the flows will be run one by one, not in the same time.

140914174_411186439959130_4023687895052487054_n.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (47,267)