Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sk-73
Helper III
Helper III

Auto notify the requester when the ticket status has change

Dear all,

I hope all is well with you guys. I'd like to post my question here, have been doing this quite sometimes, but haven't managed to combine two functions together in SharePoint.

1) When a new item is created > send an email to the requester and Helpdesk.

2) When the ticket status has changed or any modified > Send an email to the requester and Helpdesk.

I've created the flow. But do not know how to combine them together. Please see the below.

1)

Sk73_0-1638514176368.png

2)

Sk73_2-1638514282072.png

Each workflow if I run separately, it's working as expected. But once I combine, then I will receive two emails, I understand because I've two Outlook elements.

I've read some articles about parents flow and child flow, have tried by myself, but, not successful. I'd like to share my end goal then start over again, maybe have diff ways can archive my end goal as well.

Will be grateful for any help you can provide. 

Sk-73

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 you can have a status column, when item is submitted have status as "New" and have a flow 1 and when item is modified change status to "Updated" and have a flow 2.

This is very easy, trigger conditions so specific flow will run only for specific status, check this out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS6pSAx-GY&t=445s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 you can have a status column, when item is submitted have status as "New" and have a flow 1 and when item is modified change status to "Updated" and have a flow 2.

This is very easy, trigger conditions so specific flow will run only for specific status, check this out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS6pSAx-GY&t=445s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Sk-73
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, @jinivthakkar Thank you for your advice, and it's working now. But I realize one thing, the 2nd flow triggers fire it takes very long time. Is it possible can make it more efficient?

Thank you,

Sk-73

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 if you are using trigger conditions in place, then yes it not a long delay, but  there is some delay because may be internally it checks something. I don't think it is related to efficiency.

Hi, @jinivthakkar Thank you. The below is my current situation, I'd like to check with you.

Sk73_0-1638529739799.pngSk73_1-1638529765076.png

Both are the same site address, the only diff is the trigger condition

Sk73_2-1638529842163.png

Sk73_4-1638529910788.png

Based on your kind advice, did I setup correctly?

Is it possible, can put two flows together?

the reason why I ask is that I've been closed the ticket for more than half an hour, but the user still didn't receive the notification email. 😅

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 looks good to me, you can combine but you will have to use flags and the other problem I see in having one flow is your flow would trigger every time item is added or modified which means unnecessary API calls.

For the issue, I am not really sure why it did not trigger for more than 30 minutes,  I have never faced this situation. Just try creating a test flow for which it gives error and I am sure you should be able to figure this out.

Hi, @jinivthakkar I monitor a few days, looks good, took less than two minutes to trigger the 2nd flow, sometimes less than a minute, this is awesome! I think the last time will take a long time to trigger maybe because is a new flow, I guess? Anyway, now the two flows working as expected. Thank you!

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Sk-73 welcome ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,693)