cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petern19

Auto update in MS lists

Hi,  I'm new to MS Lists & Sharepoint so I apologies if this is a simple fix. I've created a column in MS Lists which lets me know when a task is overdue and works well but... Is there a way that this 'days overdue' column updates automatically when I log in to MS Lists, or even a one touch refresh,  at the moment it will only update if I edit that section which is time consuming going through each task & really pointless to have it.

I believe I have to create a flow, but haven't a clue how to create one.

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @petern19 

How are you checking if it's overdue? Is it a calculated field?

I would create a calculated field with the following formula:

=IF([Test Date]<TODAY(),"Elapsed","On Time")

In this case, my column is named "Test Date". Here's the result:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 08.48.51.png

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks Manuel,

This is the formula I'm using,( below) would yours update every time I log in, or would I have to do manually for each task? I'm really after an automatic update each time I log in rather than changing each task every day. Someone suggested I create a 'flow' but have no idea how.  If I can't find a solution, then I may use your formula as at least I don't have to update each task every day.

=IF(LEN([Est Completion date])=0,0,IF([Est Completion date]<TODAY(),DATEDIF([Est Completion date],TODAY(),"d"),"-"&DATEDIF(TODAY(),[Est Completion date],"d")))

Kinson

hi, do you have a solution to that? i have similar problem faced today.... while applying  TODAY function, finding sharepoint will not auto refresh the datedif value... poor..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,878)