cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Automate Condition Control

Hi Power Automate Community,

I am currently trying to automate the condition control. For example, in the current scenario I have two fields being evaluated where the second field (let's call this field 'Color') has two values - Green and Red. 

It it straight forward to use the 'Yes' and 'No' options of the condition for performing operations for either Green or Red outcomes. But if I were to bring in a third option - let's say Orange, how would I automatically have the flow configured to identify what to do?

Data_Enthusiast_0-1606484717632.png

Is this possible? Or would I need to manually update the flow if more values are added - like the color Orange, to what the condition is evaluated against?

I would really appreciate any assistance.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver I
Resolver I

I don't think that you can dynamically change the Condition block. It needs to know the decisions it is going to make when you save the flow. So with this example you will need to come back later and add the new colors to the condition. "NO" will be the path to catch everything else. Bad entries like "cats" / "dogs" and new colors like "cyan" / "pink".

Screenshot 2020-11-27 154229.png

When condition is set to OR and you have multiple tests, then the statement is equivalent to the if else in Python for example.

if Input = 'red':

"YES"

elif Input = 'orange':

"YES"

elif Input = 'green':

"YES"

else:

"NO"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver I
Resolver I

I don't think that you can dynamically change the Condition block. It needs to know the decisions it is going to make when you save the flow. So with this example you will need to come back later and add the new colors to the condition. "NO" will be the path to catch everything else. Bad entries like "cats" / "dogs" and new colors like "cyan" / "pink".

Screenshot 2020-11-27 154229.png

When condition is set to OR and you have multiple tests, then the statement is equivalent to the if else in Python for example.

if Input = 'red':

"YES"

elif Input = 'orange':

"YES"

elif Input = 'green':

"YES"

else:

"NO"

View solution in original post

@crowdjs 

Thank you for the response. Really appreciate the insight 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,663)