cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig_gregory
Frequent Visitor

Automate Fail Error 400 The response is not in a JSON format

Situation is have an automate run every Monday night.  Running fine for a year.  Now boom get this error.  No change in process or how data is stored.
Data comes to me in Excel.  Excel data moved over to Excel file stored in SPO Doc Library.  

Pieces of the Power Automate is Recurrence set weekly, List Rows present in table, Apply to each - Get items (FQ = Title = Title & Top Count = 1) - Condition Expression ( empty(body('Get items')?['value']) = true, Yes = Create Item and No = Update Item.

Runs but fails and the failure is random doesn't pick same row each time.  With fail it will still load all 1900 items but just doesn't load what ever row that failed.  The data from Excel with Automate is being stored in a SharePoint List.

Has anyone found a way to combat what is happening or something I'm missing.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
NiloferA
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @craig_gregory ,

Firstly have you analyzed the rows for which the Flow is failing? If yes, can you share the data from the success and failure rows?

It would help to gain more insight into the problem.

@NiloferA sorry for a delay in response to you.  Thank you for responding.  I have analyzed the various rows when it has failed.  None of them have any differences.  I even checked the excel sheet and SharePoint list.  I can't provide the data due to what the data holds.  However, can provide more details in the 400 Error, for usually it tells why it failed, but in this 400 error it has a lot of extra details with only one statement that stands out: "The server encountered an error processing the request.  See server logs for more details".  
Not sure if this helps.

To understand the process that I took from what I mentioned of how the Power Automate was built you can review Jamie McCallister videos that I based my solution off of.  Here are the video links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLJr4U_Gho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxuTVjQbECo&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGA3eoBjRws

Thank you again for responding.

dexteerz
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem.
However, my flow is automation (when the item is changed).
The flow always works, but as executions are constant throughout the day, sometimes this error happens at least once 400 (The answer is not in JSON format);

dexteerz_0-1620327695466.png

What always happens:

dexteerz_1-1620327763069.png

THE FLOW ERROR:

dexteerz_2-1620327808525.png

Both are GET ITEM (not items) and he receives only the TRIGGER ID (of the changed item). Did this GET ITEM error happen ?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,895)