cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuzzwordMaster
Frequent Visitor

Automated Response to Sender - Shared Mailbox Flow

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to use the "When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" trigger and the "send email from a shared mailbox" action to set up an automated response (i.e. service desk).

Situation: A user of our product emails our support address (shared) and then receives an automated response to his/her email. Basically a "thanks for emailing support, we're looking into it" type scenario.

I'm just not sure as to how I would 'grab' the email from the incoming email address to be used in the outgoing response.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BuzzwordMaster,

When configuring the action “Send an email from a shared mailbox”, you could select the dynamic content “From” for the To field.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side to see if it works. This flow works fine on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BuzzwordMaster,

When configuring the action “Send an email from a shared mailbox”, you could select the dynamic content “From” for the To field.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side to see if it works. This flow works fine on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Mabel,

I guess I wasn't patient enough! I'm used to most email related Flows firing almost instantly, however this one took upwards of 7 minutes for the return email to recieve the confirmation. This may of course be due to the 'preview' status of the functions involved.

Thanks again!

Hi Mabel, I have an additional question in regards to this. Is there a way to stop the workflow from firing again if a user was to reply to the automated response? Currently this happens:

1. User sends email

2. Flow sends automated reply

3. User replies to automated reply

4. Flow sends automated reply again

Is there a way to stop it from triggering on replies?

Thanks.

Hi BuzzwordMaster,

I guess that all the replied emails should contain “RE:” on its subject. So within the flow I provided before, I add a condition to filter the emails which subject doesn’t contain “RE:”.

The flow should be configured looks like below:

4.PNG

It works fine when testing it on my side. Please try it on your side to see if it will meet your needs.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Hello,

I was looking for this solution and faced the same problems as Buzzmaster.

Is there a way to limit this automated response?  For example to only 1 automated response per sender per hour or per day?

regards

Frederik

I've never been able to solve this problem satisfactorily.

The email autorespond fires every time an email comes into the inbox with no limit, which sets up bounce loops.

Mostly people don't reply to autoresponds, but other autoresponders do.

I have managed to set up "if it's from this email then don't do it" traps, but it's tedious to be constantly updating the flow whenever I bump into another autoresponder.

Yesterday I noticed that I had accidentally turned off my flow when I last modified it three weeks ago. I switched it on, but rather than just responding to incoming emails fro now, it has sent out an autoresponse to every email I have received for three weeks! I am now getting emails from people asking why I have sent the response five times to them in fast succession. I think I will give up on autoresponders.

Could a workaround be to send out the autoreply from another mailaccount (without an autoreply).

If a mail comes to SharedMailbox1 (in To field)

Send reply frof SharedMailbox2

In this way if you would get an autoreply back it will be sent to SharedMailbox2 not containing any autoreply.

Perhaps this SharedMailbox2 should be of type "noreply@domain.com" making it easier for people to understand

not to reply back to this address.

This worked perfectly.  Thank you thank you thank you for sharing!

I solved this problem just by adding "RE: " to subject for automatic reply.

autoreply.PNG

I find it also useful to mark as unread at the end of the string as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,537)