cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uiit3155
Frequent Visitor

Automated flow not triggering due to mandetory field error

We have a SharePoint list in which Title column is hidden in default content type which is inheriting Item Content type where Title field is mandatory.

i have created one automated flow which is triggering on item creation and modification but is giving below error while triggering.

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created_or_modified' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnUpdatedItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Title'

Title field is hidden in default content type hence it is giving error even if i am setting default value to title field.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @uiit3155 

I understand now. The "Title" being mandatory in SharePoint is a pain in these types of cases. I think the trigger is always expecting the Title to have data and that's why it's returning an error.

What I don't understand is that if you're defining a default value, it should always have a value. Can you please check if you have empty values for some reason?

We need to solve this on the SharePoint's side, since Flow will always require a filled-in "Title"..

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @uiit3155 

You're setting the default value in the Flow or in SharePoint?

Can you please share that part of the Flow so that we can take a look and try to help?

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes 

Below is the screenshot of error, flow is not even triggering because it is expecting Title field to be filled in, which is empty as it is a hidden field in SharePoint forms.

uiit3155_0-1621249550807.png

manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @uiit3155 

I understand now. The "Title" being mandatory in SharePoint is a pain in these types of cases. I think the trigger is always expecting the Title to have data and that's why it's returning an error.

What I don't understand is that if you're defining a default value, it should always have a value. Can you please check if you have empty values for some reason?

We need to solve this on the SharePoint's side, since Flow will always require a filled-in "Title"..

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

uiit3155
Frequent Visitor

@manuelstgomes Thanks for your assistance. i was not providing any default value for the hidden Title field. Now i am giving a default value and changing that in flow once the automatic flow is triggering.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (66,692)