Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Automatic and manual Flow

Hi,

I see where you can have triggers to manually start a flow or automatically - is there a way for both?  I know in SPD workflows, we could have the workflow start on say item creation and if needed we could manually start the workflow again on that item... is there any way to do the same with Flow?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Automatic and manual Flow

Its not really possible to have both a manual and automatic trigger for a Flow.  Even if you could get both of them to fire the problem would be that you couldn't refer to the properties of the Triggers later in the Flow appropriately.  Lets say I wanted to send an email with a link to a document.  When I create the email, which link do I submit the one from the manual trigger or the one from the created trigger?  Its not practical.

What you can do is create a Flow with the automatic Trigger, save it as a copy and then modify the copy to use a manual trigger.  Once the edits are made you will have two flows that do the same thing. One manual and one automatic.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its not really possible to have both a manual and automatic trigger for a Flow.  Even if you could get both of them to fire the problem would be that you couldn't refer to the properties of the Triggers later in the Flow appropriately.  Lets say I wanted to send an email with a link to a document.  When I create the email, which link do I submit the one from the manual trigger or the one from the created trigger?  Its not practical.

What you can do is create a Flow with the automatic Trigger, save it as a copy and then modify the copy to use a manual trigger.  Once the edits are made you will have two flows that do the same thing. One manual and one automatic.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

heh, thanks for the tip and info...I just have several workflow that we are looking to move to flow and many of them are set for an automatic trigger (on change or create) but there are times when an issue would occur, or special instances and the workflow would need to be run again.

I think your suggestion would work for me though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,649)