cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosenurm
Super User
Super User

Automatic flow to run as whoever created or modified a record in Dataverse from MD app for use in Approvals

Hi there, 

I am developing a model driven app where users create new records in the Dataverse table, and also modify these. 

When the new row is added, this is trigger for an automatic flow to notify certain people via the Outlook Send an Email V2 action, and also asking for approval via Approvals. 

What I want is, when the user (so not me), creates a new row and/or modifies a new row, for the Send an Email V2 option to come from their email account, and for the Approval action to be from them with no reference to me (I created the flows so its defaulting to me). 

Many thanks

K.

Please don't suggest Run As in the flow, as this is only available for Instant flows, not automated flows. 

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Kosenurm as a good and standard practice, the owner of the flow should be service account and the connection reference be of service account and hence notification emails should also be sent via service account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,021)