cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Espuma
Level: Powered On

Automatically change the approval status

Hi all,

I created a flow that when you upload a file in sharepoint it will send an "approval" and then the manager approves or rejects the invoice, next it will send the result email wich says approved or rejected invoice, but now i wanna add another feature wich changes automatically the approval status column, i have tried some features like "set content approval status" but i can´t make that work.

approval_status.PNGapproval_status_column.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Automatically change the approval status

Hi @Espuma , just add a SharePoint "Update item" action, select the site and the list and it will find your columns. In the Approval status, from the dynamic content Start and Wait for approval section select the Outcome (or select Response if Outcome isn't there).

Rob
Los Gallardos

4-Update item.png

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

If you're using the internal built-in SharePoint Document Library Approval Status column then it won't display. You need to have a separate single line of text column to hold the approval status updated from Flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @Espuma , just add a SharePoint "Update item" action, select the site and the list and it will find your columns. In the Approval status, from the dynamic content Start and Wait for approval section select the Outcome (or select Response if Outcome isn't there).

Rob
Los Gallardos

4-Update item.png

Espuma

When i insert the update item, the field "approval status" doesn´t appearupdate_item.PNG

Super User
Super User

If you're using the internal built-in SharePoint Document Library Approval Status column then it won't display. You need to have a separate single line of text column to hold the approval status updated from Flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Espuma

I created the column as a single line of text like you said but it asks me to fill a bunch of other fields that dont have any information.

updateitem.PNG

Super User
Super User

The columns that are not set as Required can be left blank as you are not updating the information; jJust select the Outcome (or Response) for the Approval Status column. And for the required columns just select those columns from the dynamic content and add them into the action.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Espuma

Hi,

I have managed to work arround the issue by filling the fields using the expression "null", thanks for the help @RobElliott !!

update_approval.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,582)