cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automatically generating an Email from Excel

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with this one before my computer takes a trip to silicon heaven.

I have an Excel Action plan, which sits on a Sharepoint page and is open to Managers and others to add actions, make comments and changes etc.

I built a manual flow which will get a row and send out the action based to who ever it is assigned to. That works fine, however it does require a manual activation of flow.

What I am struggling with is the Trigger to get this to generate the email automatically. For example a user selects a cell titled 'send notification', they put 'Yes' and this will then send the email.

Is there a trigger for this or do I need to go down the date and time route.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Simon

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Automatically generating an Email from Excel

Hi @HealthandSafety 

Unfortunately, currently Flow does not support a trigger for excel (something like When an item is created or Modified etc.) and that is a limitation based on the scenario that you mentioned. So you will probably have to do it the hard way of date and time (modified vs created etc.) structure. 

I am sure there are some ideas to include this as a trigger in the ideas forum here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas. You can upvote those/ add comments or create a new one so that the team can review it and it might be included in teh future releases. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,034)