cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce_in_Bucks
Frequent Visitor

Automation suggestions please

Hello World,

I'm using Flow & Custom Approvals to capture simple responses from a large population each month.

The list of user names and key reference inputs are in a SharePoint List. I use Get and Wait for Approvals to email each user at the same time and then Update Items to return the responses/Outcome to my list. I'd prefer to use Teams as the users have different versions of Outlook running whereas Teams is always up to date on O365.

I thin Adaptive Cards look right but I'm a novice and  can't find the right online tutorial to build the simple 3 question/button/check card to capture responses. I need to know which users have responded and which have not, so Forms is no good.

For example; "Matt Smith" must respond for task "C23" during "October" that it was (1) Completed as usual, (2) Completed with changes documented/comments or (3) Not completed. 

Referrals to videos or tips here would be much appreciated.

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Adaptive Cards and the Teams connector can do what you are seeking. I encourage you to review the samples, templates and the schema explorer:

Adaptive Cards are simple JSON, if you'd like to learn JSON there are many great resources on YouTube, such as:

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Adaptive Cards and the Teams connector can do what you are seeking. I encourage you to review the samples, templates and the schema explorer:

Adaptive Cards are simple JSON, if you'd like to learn JSON there are many great resources on YouTube, such as:

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Thanks Brad, that list of suggestions looks good. 
My flow currently works fine without errors but I want to improve it. 
The only negative is that the Parallelism is limited to 50. I will see if that can be improved in Adaptive Cards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,701)