cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autonaming files from a template

Hi everybody and merry christmas,

I'm new to sharepoint and power automate, and I have some trouble to understand the philosophy behind it. There is something I'd like to achieve, but I'm going to need some help.

So I have a list named "Contracts", in this list I create some folders let's say "Folder 1", "Folder 2" ...

Inside all of this folders, I can create three types of xlsx documents based on  three types of templates: "A", "B", "C".

What I want to do is to automatically rename the xlsx documents based on three variables:

- the name of the template I used to create the document

- the ongoing year

- an incremental number based on precedent created file. 

Example:

-I create an xlsx document based on template A in folder 1: his name will be "A-2022-0001"

- I create another xlsx document based on template A, but in Folder 2: his name will be "A-2022-0002"

- I create an xlsx document based on template B in folder 1: his name will be "B-2022-0001"

I guess Power Automate could help me doing this, but I have no idea how.

I hope I've made a clear explanation, my english is a bit rusty.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,643)