cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Avoid infinite looping in Flow

I have a flow which triggered on When Item is created in SharePoint list and in that flow i am creating new items in same list hence it is causing infinte loop.

Please suggest asap.

Scenario is , 

Initially when item is created user can select Multiple locations in choice field like A,B,C and i want to create 3 items each for one location in same list instead keeping it multi location in one item as i have assigned to field value depends on locations

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Sharepoint infinite loop and Power Automate Flows? Please have a look to different approaches to avoid it here:

https://powernimbus.com/2019/06/microsoft-flow-avoiding-the-sharepoint-list-update-trigger-infinite-...

THe article is from 2019, some extra literature has been written since, just Bing/Google:

'infinite loop' flow sharepoint

So depending on your requirements, so is the best approach to implement

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @fd00094,

I agree with the details provided by @efialttes 

Also, I recommend to see if you can alter the architecture of your solution to avoid the issue such as Create list "A" where the user will submit the initial request. Use your flow to create individual list items based on Multiple locations into another list "B". 

Highlighted

Isn't the article @efialttes provided a little out of date now? And what if you don't want to create a separate account for handling flows? Aren't the setting for the trigger settings more appropriate place to determine if the flow triggers or not?   I am also struggling to find any clear & concise information about how to use the trigger setting to avoid infinite loop but there isn't much out there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,103)