Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenecroscope1
Helper I
Helper I

Azure DevOps - Queue a new build

Hi, 

Is there a way to be able to pause/delay the Azure DevOps "Queue a new build" until the build has actually finished? Ideally I'm after some sort of response code.

many thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@thenecroscope1 there are two actions for delay, check them out. 

jinivthakkar_0-1611239622161.png

Not sure but you can also use Switch case and variable, set the value after your build is complete and do as need and if variable value is not what you want just skip (got the idea from approvals flow where we use switch case)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

thenecroscope1
Helper I
Helper I

Whats the best way of setting the variable value to complete? Do I need to run a POST to Azure DevOps to determine the build has finished. Ideally I don't want to just add a default wait time out of x seconds.

thanks again

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@thenecroscope1 I agree waiting for a hard-coded value of wait time is not the best approach. I am not sure or how you can check if build is completed but if you know you can set variable after getting your call to check if build was completed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I think it might be doable, I'm going to try and use the Azure DevOps Post step and try and track the build status and loop until completion. It adds a few steps, but its the only thing I can think of at the minute. Ideally we want some mechanism within the Azure DevOps Build step, to wait until completion before continuing to the next step. Hopefully this feature will be added in the future

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,944)