Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
akshayrajsingh
Level: Powered On

Azure DevOps Work Item "Discussion" field automation issue

Hello,

I have a scenario wherein Im trying to setup a Flow between Outlook and Azure DevOps wherein the Azure DevOps Work Item will get Updated based on a response to an email, having certain criteria in it. One of the big ASKS here is to Update the Work Item with the LATEST details/response in the body of the email. The issue I have here is that Flow/Automate does not currently recognize the Discussion field an AzDo Work Item and thus Im unable to map it. The only option I have is to Update the Description every-time (Essentially Override) which makes everything very convoluted

Does anyone have a work around for this?

1 REPLY 1
kcarr
Level: Power Up

Re: Azure DevOps Work Item "Discussion" field automation issue

Hi,

We had a similar need and was able to do this by using the "Send an HTTP request to Azure DevOps" action.

You would set the Relative URI to something like "https://dev.azure.com/[your organization]/[Project]/_apis/wit/workItems/[work item]/comments?api-version=5.1-preview.3"

and in the Body field a simple Json 

{
    "text": "Moving to the right area path"
}

This will post a new comment to your work item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,632)