cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akshayrajsingh
Frequent Visitor

Azure DevOps Work Item "Discussion" field automation issue

Hello,

I have a scenario wherein Im trying to setup a Flow between Outlook and Azure DevOps wherein the Azure DevOps Work Item will get Updated based on a response to an email, having certain criteria in it. One of the big ASKS here is to Update the Work Item with the LATEST details/response in the body of the email. The issue I have here is that Flow/Automate does not currently recognize the Discussion field an AzDo Work Item and thus Im unable to map it. The only option I have is to Update the Description every-time (Essentially Override) which makes everything very convoluted

Does anyone have a work around for this?

3 REPLIES 3
kcarr

Hi,

We had a similar need and was able to do this by using the "Send an HTTP request to Azure DevOps" action.

You would set the Relative URI to something like "https://dev.azure.com/[your organization]/[Project]/_apis/wit/workItems/[work item]/comments?api-version=5.1-preview.3"

and in the Body field a simple Json 

{
    "text": "Moving to the right area path"
}

This will post a new comment to your work item.

martindr
Advocate II
Advocate II

The name of the discussion field is actually 'History' and updating that works fine.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Capture-Approval-Comment-in-Azure-DevOps-...

May I ask how to write the Header for authorization?

I used Authorization: Bearer <personal access code generated from Azure DevOps>  but it doesn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (47,201)