cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akshayrajsingh
Frequent Visitor

Azure DevOps Work Item "Discussion" field automation issue

Hello,

I have a scenario wherein Im trying to setup a Flow between Outlook and Azure DevOps wherein the Azure DevOps Work Item will get Updated based on a response to an email, having certain criteria in it. One of the big ASKS here is to Update the Work Item with the LATEST details/response in the body of the email. The issue I have here is that Flow/Automate does not currently recognize the Discussion field an AzDo Work Item and thus Im unable to map it. The only option I have is to Update the Description every-time (Essentially Override) which makes everything very convoluted

Does anyone have a work around for this?

3 REPLIES 3
kcarr

Hi,

We had a similar need and was able to do this by using the "Send an HTTP request to Azure DevOps" action.

You would set the Relative URI to something like "https://dev.azure.com/[your organization]/[Project]/_apis/wit/workItems/[work item]/comments?api-version=5.1-preview.3"

and in the Body field a simple Json 

{
    "text": "Moving to the right area path"
}

This will post a new comment to your work item.

martindr
Advocate I
Advocate I

The name of the discussion field is actually 'History' and updating that works fine.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Capture-Approval-Comment-in-Azure-DevOps-...

May I ask how to write the Header for authorization?

I used Authorization: Bearer <personal access code generated from Azure DevOps>  but it doesn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,304)